Simple Financial Advice
1. Save 10 – 20% of your income
2. Pay your Credit Card balance each month in full
3. Max out your 401K or RRSP saving account limits each year.
4. Never buy or sell individual stocks. This investment area is not for the average consumer.
5. Buy inexpensive well diversified, well traded funds.
6. Insist your financial advisor is committed to a fiduciary standard, putting the client first.
7. Buy a home, or get into a mortgage rather, only when your financially ready.
8. Make sure your insured and choose the highest deductible possible.
9. Support our social safety system
10. Remember tips 1 – 9